The church was opened again for public worship with a rededication service held on October 19, 1947, and continues to serve the community to this day.
The church possesses Perpendicular Gothic architectural features, with a pitched Chinese-tiled roof, red load-bearing brick walls and contrasting grey granite steps and window surrounds.
Internal decorative features, including aisle railings and wall and ceiling mouldings, are also in strong Chinese colours and design.
With its arrowhead-shaped building plan, Tung Kin Kok Yuen's appearance resembles a giant ship, symbolising one of Mahayana Buddhism's concepts of ferrying all beings to the "other shore", or in other words enlightenment itself.
A semicircular apse and an attached three-storey battlemented tower were built at the two ends of the church respectively.